camel-users mailing list archives

From Sanjay Bhattacharya <>
Subject Re: Apache Camel and Jboss FUSE IDE
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 07:00:29 GMT
In FUSE IDE, you create a Camel project using the maven archetypes. The
archetypes are like templates that set the basic project for you. They
create a standard Maven project. So if you choose camel-archetype-activemq,
it will setup all the requisite jars (for Camel and ActiveMQ) using Maven
dependencies. It will setup a basic camel-context.xml, which contains an
embedded configuration of ActiveMQ broker. It also contains a basic Camel
route using Spring DSL. You can delete it and write your own. If you are
using a standalone instance of ActiveMQ, you can change the configuration
in camel-context.xml to point to your instace of ActiveMQ. When you are
happy with your route, you can run your route using camel:run goal provided
by the Camel Maven plugin and is automatically set by the camel archetype.