camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel JMS monitoring
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 16:09:36 GMT
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Richa <rsinha2889@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a camel route for which I want to enable monitoring. I have added the
> following code to enable monitoring:
> System.setProperty("org.apache.camel.jmx", "true");
>
> context.getManagementStrategy().getManagementAgent().setServiceUrlPath("/route/monitoring");
> context.getManagementStrategy().getManagementAgent().setRegistryPort(2114);
> context.getManagementStrategy().getManagementAgent().setCreateConnector(true);
>
> I am using the following service jmx url:
> service:jmx:rmi:////jndi/rmi://localhost:2114/route/monitoring
> I am using the camelwatch project from github to monitor my route. But when
> I give this jmx url, I get the following exception:
> java.net.MalformedURLException: URL path must begin with /jndi/ or /stub/ or
> /ior/: //jndi/rmi://localhost:2114/ib/monitoring

When Camel startup, when you have create connector = true, it should
log the URL to use for connecting remotely for JMX.

You should then use that url to connect, and it ought to work.

PS: You may want to take a look at hawtio as well, as its a new and
very active developed web console project that also allows to manage
and monitor Camel, ActiveMQ, and much more.
http://hawt.io/