camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel main class in osgi bundle
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 07:40:24 GMT
Hi

Using a spring or blueprint xml file to bootstrap Camel is often much
easier, as it does all the OSGi lifecycle and other pieces you
otherwise must do yourself.

If you dont want to do that, then you need to use an osgi activator to
call some code, that creates a OsgiCamelContext and setup a bunch of
stuff to make it run in OSGi. And as well stop and cleanup these
services again when the bundle stops.

Though much easier to just have a little
OSGI-INF/blueprint/somenamehere.xml blueprint xml file that embeds a
<camelContext> and you have Camel running.

--
Claus Ibsen