camel-users mailing list archives

From Shing Hing Man <mat...@yahoo.com>
Subject LoadBalancing does not increaing performace
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:10:17 GMT
Hi,

I am using Camel 2.11  and I have the following route.

from("jetty:http://" + hostURL + "/adtruth?matchOnUriPrefix=true")
.process(myProcessor);
where myProcessor just does a http redirect.

I am trying to increase the throughput of the above route  (to able to handle more messages
per second), by using load balancing round robin :

from("jetty:http://" + hostURL + "/test?matchOnUriPrefix=true")
.loadBalance().roundRobin()
.to("direct:worker1")
.to("direct:worker2")
.end()
from("direct:worker1").process(myProcessor);
from("direct:worker2").process(myProcessor);

From my bench test,  the performance of the round robin route is similar to the earlier "simple"
route.
I have also tried replacing "direct" with "seda", but  it resulted in worst performance.

What is wrong with my round robin route ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance !

Shing