camel-users mailing list archives

From toomanyedwards <>
Subject Breaking change is bean parameter binding from Camel 2.10 to 2.12?
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:15:58 GMT
Hi all,
  We are attempting to upgrade from Camel to 2.10 to Camel 2.12, but are
experiencing what appears to be a backwards incompatibility in the bean
method parameter mapping between 2.10 and 2.12.  Here's a distilled version
of the issue.  We have routes with Java DSL that so do something like the

Our SomeBean class looks like the following:

  public class SomeBean
     public static String calculateFooHeaderValue(@Header("BAR) String

Camel 2.10 understands that we want to invoke the calculateFooHeaderValue
method with BAR header bound to the barHeaderValue parameter.  However, with
Camel 2.12 we get the following runtime exception:

Method with name: calculateFooHeaderValue() (with no parameters) not found
on bean:...

Looks like Camel 2.12 thinks we want to invoke a method with no params
(which we don't have). It appears a work around for this incompatibility is
for us to specify something like:

  both of those would require code changes for us to be able to upgrade to
Camel 2.12.  Is this really a backwards incompatibility between 2.10 or
2.12?  Is there any work around that doesn't involve us having to change all
of our routes that use this functionality?

Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks!