camel-users mailing list archives

From mads64738 <ma...@yakatak.com>
Subject Re: Camel 2.12 : MongoDB - pre-existing indexes being dropped when using "dynamicity"
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:33:41 GMT
Willem.Jiang wrote
> Hi,
>
> You can find more information about the change in this JIRA[1]
> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6000

Hi Willem,

Many thanks for your reply.  I've reviewed the ticket and sort-of understand
the intent of the change.

However, it doesn't make sense to me that, when I apply the
'dynamicity=true' parameter on a pre-existing collection with pre-existing
indexes, that for a 'findall', the first thing I see on the database is a
call to drop the indexes.

I am using the 'dynamicity=true' to be able to programmatically switch
between my Mongo collections by setting the collections header.  If this is
not the intent of this flag, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Best regards, Madhu.