camel-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <>
Subject Custom PollingConsumerPollingStrategy Query
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:49:22 GMT
Hi all,

I have a FTP consumer route which polls the FTP directory continously.

Now I want to implement a Custom Polling Stratergy which checks if the FTP server can be connected
and thus stops polling if it cannot connect.

In my begin method,how can I connect to the FTP server and capture the exception and thus
stop polling and ?

Do I have to create Consumer template here? And if I do that how can I just poll the FTP server
without polling and downloading a file,since my endpoint deletes the file.

Chirag Dewan