camel-users mailing list archives

From Edwin <>
Subject Camel JMS Queue Selector Problem
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:20:02 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am encountering some issues when trying to implement a selector of a JMS
queue. My route is defined in the Spring DSL as follows:

       <route id="route1">
		<from uri="jms:queue:Q1?selector=EVENT='1'" />
		<to uri="direct:startRoute3" id="startRoute3"/>
	<route id="route2">
		<from uri="jms:queue:Q1?selector=EVENT='2'" />
		<to uri="direct:startRoute4" id="startRoute4" />

When messages with header "EVENT" set to 1 are sent to Q1 - they stay on the
queue and are not consumed by route1

When messages with header "EVENT" set to 2 are sent to Q1 - they are
consumed by route 2

I have tried to replace the = with %3D as outlined in the JMS Component
documentation so my uri looks like this:

<from uri="jms:queue:Q1?selector=EVENT%3D'2'" />

however I still receive the same behavior.

When I try the same configuration in the Java DSL, I receive the correct
behavior. Is what I am trying to do possible with the Spring DSL?

Any insights are much appreciated.