camel-users mailing list archives

From yvesdm <>
Subject Re: Splitting, processing and aggregating a list
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:09:02 GMT
I found this old post while I was trying to do same thing but using a class
that extends AbstractListAggregationStrategy to rebuild a List after the
completion of the split.

Using this aggregator way of doing, I found a problem : at the end of the
split, the body is not replaced by the agregated list ->
AbstractListAggregationStrategy.onCompletion(Exchange exchange) is never

Here is what I do :

            .split(body(), new ListAggregationStrategy())// body is an
arrayList of String
            .end()// end split
            // the body is a string instead of a List
            .end()// end route

class ListAggregationStrategy extends

        public String getValue(Exchange exchange)
            return exchange.getIn().getBody();

Is it a bug ?
As workaround, I use .setBody(property(Exchange.GROUPED_EXCHANGE)) after the
end of the split.

Kind Regards,