camel-users mailing list archives

From Dominik Amon <>
Subject DefaultCxfRsBinding only uses Exchange.getOut()
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:26:17 GMT

I currently stumbled upon an issue when using camel cxfrs component. Where I
only get response code 204 - No Content when the route has a <doTry> block.

I am using Camel 2.12.2 and Blueprint.

The route is like:

<route id="myRoute">
    <from uri="cxfrs://bean://serviceBean"/>
        <to uri="direct-vm:test"/>
        <to uri="log:test?showAll=true"/>
            <to uri="log:finally?showAll=true"/>

I had a look in the where the method
populateCxfRsResponseFromExchange(...) only uses exchange.getOut().getBody()
as return value.

Whereas in the the response is either retrieved from
the IN or the OUT.

I have created a patch for DefaultCxfRsBinding that fetches the body in the
same way as DefaultCxfBinding does. Now it seems to work.

So my question is this intended that the DefaultCxfRsBinding only calls
exchange.getOut().getBody() or should it be also like in the

Dominik Amon