camel-users mailing list archives

From furchess123 <con...@hotmail.com>
Subject camel-servlet in a Spring Web MVC app?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:02:06 GMT
Hi,
we have an existing fairly mature Spring Web MVC application that runs with
an embedded Jetty. The application also implements Spring Security. We have
also successfully used some Camel routing within the application (with file
and message queue endpoints.) My question:

   Is it possible to use the *camel-servlet* component in combination with
*an existing Spring Web MVC servlet*? I know that camel-servlet requires
using the *org.apache.camel.component.servlet.CamelHttpTransportServlet*  -
instead of Spring's DispatcherServlet, correct? Is there a way for us to
implement Camel routes that listen to messages on the existing servlet URI,
for example (assuming that our existing application is running at :
http://localhost:8080 ):

   http://localhost:8080/routing

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Thanks!