camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [Feature Enhancement] Camel body size
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:42:05 GMT
Hi

Yeah as people have said here. I think its hard to implement an
expression/logic in camel-core, that supports all kinds of messages
bodies/headers/properties/attachments and whatnot that is possible out
there.

Also it gets trickier when you work with streams, as you would need to
access the total stream to get its size, and then you would not be
able to re-read the stream again, unless you use Camel's stream
caching.

Though if using stream caching you have the message body size out of
the box with: org.apache.camel.StreamCache#length

For other kinds like String its easier. But what about JSon or XML if
they are represented as org.w3c.Document, or as a Map in json etc.

For XML as DOM would you likely need to marshal it as byte[] / String
as XML and then count its length etc.
And for JSon not sure if you would need to do the same etc.

Doing that adds overhead.

And for POJOs how do you count their size? Or does it matter? And what
if the POJO is not serializable. ?

--
Claus Ibsen