camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Handling failures due to endpoint (temporary) unavailability
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 07:46:33 GMT
You can use Camel error handling to retry

But since your route input is from ActiveMQ you can also use
transactions, and let ActiveMQ do the redelivery, as that would
preserve the message in the broker, in case of a crash etc.

Camel error handler is in-memory so if Camel crash the message is lost.

For TX see

And also the docs at ActiveMQ how to configure its redelivery settings
and DLQ etc

And you can find some 3rd party blogs about error handling and TX at

And also covered in the Camel in Action book chapter 5 and 9