camel-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Emmersberger <cemme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When - an Apache Camel Component for time slots management
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:42:34 GMT
Hi Lorenzo,

very interesting approach that you’ve been posing out there. I just wonder, if there is
really a component necessary to integrate the date / time function, or if it might be better
to implement an approach via the simple DSL.

To me it seems that you are filtering exchange messages and the simple DSL would allow you
access to the so called ‘date:command:pattern’. Therefore I’m not quite sure, if the
implementation of a component is some overhead compared to the DSL approach, i.e. since the
access of current time as well as exchange header information is already available (see also:
http://camel.apache.org/simple.html)

Kind regards,

Christoph