camel-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exclude Camel from Antivirus Scan?
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:26:04 GMT
Hi Jack,

This is a Windows specific issue (as other OSes do not lock files). That
aside, you have a conflict between two tools that perform automatic
processing of files. Unless you manage to provide some sort of
synchronization you cannot avoid the problem. One way is to eliminate
one of the tools (the antivirus, by telling IT to exclude the Camel
folder). This is usually not wrong, depending on the kind of files you
use. There is a more complex solution that I believe would work that
involves defining a custom error handler [1] to ignore the errors caused
by locked files and possibly a redelivery policy [2]. Knowing what kind
of files you process, you're in the best position to decide which path
is better.

I hope this helps,
Hadrian

[1] http://camel.apache.org/error-handler.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/redeliverypolicy.html

On 11/12/2013 08:49 AM, Jack Ding wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The  IT  department is asking if it is necessary to exclude any of the camel related
folders/files to be scanned to avoid any impact on performance, malfunction,  etc.  Does anybody
have experience / suggestion on Antivirus related issues on Camel and how to avoid them?

> It seems that Camel 2.1.0 release has mentoned one of the fix:
>
> The File component handles renaming and deleting files on Windows better as Windows could
block files. Also Antivirus software could causes files to be blocked.

> Not sure if it is a good idea by just telling IT to exclude the Camel related folders.
Could you advise?