camel-users mailing list archives

From sbo13 <>
Subject StaxConverter throws NPE
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:29:31 GMT
Copy of  CAMEL-7025 <>

This issue only happens when running in weblogic:

After updating to Camel 2.12.2 the method createXMLStreamReader(InputStream
in, Exchange exchange) in staxConverter throws an NPE because of the missing
Comparing the class with the previous version I saw camel no longer falls
back to the default charset.

As a workaround I set the property Exchange.CHARSET_NAME on explicitly ->
still the same error.

Debugging the code I noticed that in
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.BaseTypeConverterRegistry#convertTo line 98
the exchange is not passed to the converter so I can neither use an explicit
nor an implicit charset.

Any workaround/fix would be greatly appreciated!

see JIRA for Stacktrace