camel-users mailing list archives

From martin11 <mato.kraj...@gmail.com>
Subject Running routes blocks timer event
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:25:00 GMT
Hello,

I`m using camel ver. 2.11.0. I have multiple routes triggered by timer
componnet like this:

<camel:route id="route1">
    <camel:from uri="timer://foo?fixedRate=true&amp;period={{period}}"/>
    ...my processing...
</camel:route>

<camel:route id="route2">
    <camel:from uri="timer://foo?fixedRate=true&amp;period={{period}}"/>
    ...my processing...
</camel:route>

So when route1 running too long, it blocks processing from route2. Timer
event is not generated until route1 is not finished.
And routes are running step by step according to timers.

I also tried wireTap to create new thread.
<camel:route id="route1">
    <camel:from uri="timer://foo?fixedRate=true&amp;period={{period}}"/>
    <camel:wireTap copy="false" uri="direct:my-processing"/>
</camel:route>
But when "direct:my-processing" is running too long (aprox. 30min) and my
period is 60s it generate multiple threads of my-processing route which is
undesirable.

What is the right way for paralell processing multiple timer events?

Thanks.