camel-users mailing list archives

From P Manchanda <manchan...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to run Camel with a web application
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:05:45 GMT
Respected Camel Experts,

We are exploring the use of camel as an integration framework for our web application that
runs on the JBoss. We plan to keep the interface between web app and camel clean, so web app-camel
interaction would primarily happen over JMS (queues and topics).

As far as running Camel with the web application, i see following 3 options:

# OPTION 1: Use Servlet Context Listener to bootstrap and embed Camel within the web container
# OPTION2: Use Camel's Main class to bootstrap and embed Camel within the web app
# OPTION3: Run Camel as a separate application, in standalone mode, outside of the container/web
app

Please share your thoughts on this. Do we have any best practices for this from earlier implementations
of Camel.

Thks & brgds
P Manchanda
Mobile: +91-9811210374