camel-users mailing list archives

From defy <michal.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel drop equialent?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:58:10 GMT
This is supposed to be dealing with producers producing to composite
destinations so identical messages are sent to two queues A,B.   Queue A is
consumed by consumer application A, but I know in the future I will want to
consume from queue B by application B that is being developed. But I want to
deploy producers now and do not want to do any changes to producer app
clients in the future. So as a temporary solution until application B is
finished I just want to make sure queue B is a blackhole. Setting expiry on
message could be an option but would affect messages on queue A as the
destination is composite.

So I am basicaly left with 3 options:

1) fake consumer which drops the messages
2) camel interceptor /amq 5.9/ -I believed messages could be droped before
they are persisted so this was a big plus.
3) jmx purge

Camel interceptor seemed to be my favourite me but it adds huge overhead to
the broker /which btw seems strange as it does nothing but only drops the
message/. So I thought maybe my usage of it was incorrect. If there is no
more efficient way to use camel I will just not consider this option any
more and probably switch to jmx purge.