camel-users mailing list archives

From Stefan <>
Subject Batch processing from end-to-end
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:09:01 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup an end-to-end scheduled batched route for a specific
case I'm working on but for now I haven't succeeded at setting this up.
Maybe I'm going in the wrong direction...

The goal is to repeatedly (via cron) synchronize data between an external
service and a locally managed elasticsearch cluster. As the size of the data
is quite large the service exposes a method to get the result in batches. So
what I want is for each batch of data to be processed as a single unit. Is
this possible?

I can kind of replicate this with the file component:
* * * * ?").to("file:target/messages/others2");

This processes 2 files at a time end-to-end.

I think creating a new component based on ScheduledBatchPollingConsumer is
the way to go, mimicking what the file component does, but catered to my
specific consumer. Any other ideas?