camel-users mailing list archives

From wiseotherwise <>
Subject Parallel processing of File Component on clustered environment
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:09:30 GMT
I am looking for someone to help me out on this issue.

Our implementation is to read files placed in an INPUT folder and convert
those to respective XMLs on OUTPUT folder. We have 2 instances of TOMCAT
server running to listen to this INPUT Folder for load balancing and
parallel processing.

The issue we are facing is, even though the polling size is 5 we have only 2
files that are getting picked and processed. For Example: File1.csv and
File2.csv are picked in the first polling. If File2.csv is processed in 2
min and lets say File1.csv is taking a long time(20 min). Once the File2.csv
is processed, CAMEL is not picking the File3.csv. Its waiting all the way
until File1.csv is processed and then picks only File3.csv (Where as it
should pick 2 files as there are 2 instances).

What we want to achieve is: We have 6 instances on higher environment and we
want all the instances to pick files and process them parallel so that it
wont pool one and the other wait to finish.

Appreciate your help.