camel-users mailing list archives

From "pmp.martins" <pmp.mart...@campus.fct.unl.pt>
Subject Re: Is there a way to send a message when I am terminating?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:26:47 GMT
Hey there, I found out what the problem was... and I am not sure what to say
about it.
Aparently, If I run my sample application using the command line and Maven:
mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="servers.MyApp_B", everything works as it is
supposed to be.

However, if I do this in Eclipse IDE, when I press the *Terminate* button in
the Eclipse console, the doStop() method is not called. I always assumed
that pressing the *Terminate* button in the Eclipse console was the
equivalent of pressing CTRL+C on a normal console, however, it appears that
Eclipse simply kills the process (thus the reason why the doStop() and
beforeStop() methods were not working !)

I have to say I was not expecting some this ... /trivial/ to be the problem.
Turns out I cannot use the Eclipse IDE to test my sample programs because of
this issue. Who would have said?

I guess we learn something new every day. Thanks for the help!

I also created a thread in the Eclipse forums to check if there is a
solution to the problem:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1176961/#msg_1176961

Hopefully it will be useful to someone.