camel-users mailing list archives

From "pmp.martins" <pmp.mart...@campus.fct.unl.pt>
Subject Re: Migrate Apache Camel Endpoints
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:03:51 GMT
Ok... so I am still struggling with understanding some of Camel's main
features and limitations.

My objective is to implement a demo application that can migrate camel
endpoints. To achieve this everyone suggested that I should use the camel
load-balancer pattern with the failover construct (so far so good).

To achieve this objective you have suggested Fuse and ActiveMQ. Some have
even suggested JBoss, but I am lost.

I understand that Camel needs the an implementation of a JMS server. To
achieve this I can use ActiveMQ - a free implementation of a JMS server.

However camel also provides the jms-component, which is an implementation of
a jms-client. In my specific case (I use ACtiveMQ) should I not be using an
ActiveMQ client for JMS? Could someone provide a working example?

With ActiveMQ and JMS understood I can then try to find out why people
suggest Fuse. I want my implementation to be as simple as possible. Why do I
need Fuse? The Camel+ActiveMQ combination has the load balancer pattern with
the failover mechanism right?

Thanks for all the help, but I really need to understand the basics before
charging anything else :P