camel-users mailing list archives

From toomanyedwards <toomanyedwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I avoid setting namespace prefixes in xpath expressions in camel?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:15:59 GMT
Thanks, Claus.  Looks like the javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.setFeature()
functionality could potentially be leveraged at some point to do this.

If camel exposed access to this standard method and a route was configured
to use the saxon parser then it looks like we could leverage the saxon
feature:
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/lib/FeatureKeys.html#XQUERY_DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAMESPACE

In general, exposing setFeature through camel seems like an appropriate
thing to do since it's on the generic interface and not tied to any specific
implementation.  Just a thought.

Do you think something like that make sense to you or would that be
inappropriate in camel?

-edward