camel-users mailing list archives

From toomanyedwards <toomanyedwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I avoid setting namespace prefixes in xpath expressions in camel?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:29:51 GMT
I thought I made it clear in my original question, but I guess not.  What I'm
trying to is *not* have to specify in my xpath.

  /nsprefix:book/nsprefix:chapter is extremely cluttered and redundant.

It be much better if we could just specify:

 /book/chapter and tell the processor what the default namespace should be
for elements that don't have a prefix.

This is effectively what you can do in an xml document like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<book xmlns="http://mydomain.com">
        <chapter>some text</chapter>
</book>

It'd be great to be able to do it an xpath as well.  Thanks for your reply,
but no where in the camel docs does it show how to this.

Please point to where if you think it does.
http://camel.apache.org/xpath.html does describe how to do this.

-edward