camel-users mailing list archives

From Denis Krizanovic <denis.krizano...@gmail.com>
Subject Extending Camel Java DSL with new verb?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 09:38:21 GMT
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it's a good idea to extend the DSL with a custom verb.
Our goal is to remove the "non-functional" concerns out of the route
configuration. In particular, by adding a

.audit("message here")

This verb generates an ibm cbe event and sticks it on the queue.

We've tried creating a component, but we get something like;

.to("audit:monitoring?eventtype=CreateCustomer&msg=message%20here"

which ends up looking quite ugly.

We've been using processors until now, but I think the readability of an
additional verb would be very expressive compared to a new component.

Any advice/guidance.

thanks,
dk-