camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Writing a Component - passing in arguments
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:34:50 GMT
You can configure components using regular java code, for example if
you have getter/setters on the component.

In the routes with to / toF then its an endpoint uri you configure.
Though the component is called, to create the endpoint, so you can
essentially grab that information when createEndpoint method is

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM, John D. Ament <> wrote:
> Let's say that I'm looking to write a component.  I want my component
> to understand the Object... params that are passed in to it, such that
> instead of camel processing:
> toF("foo://%s","something")
> I want the "something" to be passed to my component instead.
> Is this possible?

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Twitter: davsclaus