camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web services integration with Apache Camel
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 06:55:57 GMT
Hi

Welcome to the Camel community.

If you are new to Camel then I suggest to read this article which
really explains well what Apache Camel is in a 5 minute read
http://java.dzone.com/articles/open-source-integration-apache

Apache Camel is a framework (library if you will) that is not
dependent on a special server etc, so you can run Camel anywhere you
want - it just requires a JVM as its Jav based :)

All the software from Apache is 100% free and do not require any license etc.

If you are looking for a ESB product then Apache ServiceMix is built
with a number of Apache projects, which includes Camel, CXF, ActiveMQ
and Karaf as its container.

Though I suggest to start with Camel and add CXF (camel-cxf) for web
service, then you can easily run that in Tomcat and also in the cloud
etc.

How to run Camel in Web application
http://camel.apache.org/tutorial-on-using-camel-in-a-web-application.html

As well some of  the examples shows that as well
http://camel.apache.org/examples

And down the road if you are looking for commercial support and the
likes with Apache Camel, then take a look at:
http://camel.apache.org/commercial-camel-offerings.html