camel-users mailing list archives

From Robert Liguori <glies...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: URI Scheme Selections
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 04:51:44 GMT
Thank you for the explanation.

Robert

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 7, 2013, at 12:37 AM, "kraythe ." <kraythe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Camel URIs are part of the code of camel. They are used to select the component that
is being configured in the pipeline. They are not being used to indicate a web siter remotely
or other considerations. For example it often throws people out when I write from("http://www.foo.com?bridgeEndpoint=true")
and they say "hey that url doesnt take that parameter." I know that, thw query string is passed
elsewhere, I am just configuring a registered component. Camel URIs indicate some resource
in the camel space, not the web space.

> Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA
> Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
>

>> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Robert James Liguori <gliesian@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Just wondering...
>>
>> Why was ssh: selected instead of fish:?
>>
>> Why was smtp: selected instead of mailto:?
>>
>> Why was websocket: selected instead of ws:/wss:?
>>

>> Note: I'm assuming you guys made the right decisions here, I just don't understanding
the significance of the URI Schemes being formally defined by RFCs and being represented as
such on Wikipedia.