camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Component Resolution, Camel/SMX Race Condition?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 02:44:52 GMT
As the cxfbeanReference wasn’t used by Camel as an OSGi service, so you setting cannot block
the loading of the CamelContext.
How about adding the Required-Bundle of camel-cxf in your application bundle?

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Calvert, Zach (Zach)** CTR ** wrote:

> This is somewhat of a cross post between here and the ApacheServiceMix mailing list,
but I'm thinking I should have fired this email to camel in the first place. I apologize for
the cross post in advance.

> I'm making use of the cxfbean component in Apache ServiceMix 4.5.3. I have reviewed the
source and OSGI services being exposed here to try to get around the race condition I am experiencing,
but while the service is up and running, ServiceMix/Camel does not yet recognize the component
and I'm not sure who to direct this question/problem to.

> Breakdown:
> I have a bundle which has the following route:
>
> <camel:route>
> <camel:from uri="jetty:
> http://0.0.0.0:9089/health/?matchOnUriPrefix=true" />
> <camel:to uri="cxfbean:healthService" />
> </camel:route>
>
> The health service implementation is a standard javax.ws.rs annotated class. The cxfbean
component is exposed in the camel-cxf feature under the camel-cxf-2.10.7 bundle (I have confirmed).
To try to enforce that the cxfbean service really, really is running, I have added
> <osgi:reference id="cxfbeanReference" cardinality="1..1"
> interface="org.apache.camel.spi.ComponentResolver"
> filter="(component=cxfbean)" />
> to my bundle. This osgi reference is met and fully populated, however I still get
> "----
> Caused by: org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException: Failed to create
> route route1 at: >>> To[cxfbean:healthService] <<< in route:
> Route[[From[jetty:http://0.0.0.0:9089... because of Failed to resolve
> endpoint: cxfbean://healthService due to: No component found with scheme:
> cxfbean
> ---"
> in my ServiceMix startup. Note that this bundle is deployed in the
> apache-servicemix-4.5.3/deploy directory on a Linux machine.
>
> This issue can be resolved simply by waiting for ServiceMix to be started
> for a few minutes and then run
> touch ./apache-servicemix-4.5.3/deploy/ecs.bundles.health-2.3.0.25-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> I would like to have the bundle block until the "cxfbean" component is fully started.
Again this is a race condition and functionality is fully restored by waiting a couple of
minutes and then running touch on the bundle that exposes this camel route.

> Is there a way to say "Really wait on starting this bundle until the cxfbean component
is fully started and ready to go"?