camel-users mailing list archives

From brenuart <>
Subject Re: JMS(local) -to- JMS(remote) bridge
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:06:39 GMT
Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
> Yeah you should use transacted ack mode with JMS on the local AMQ,
> then it will only ack the message if it could be send to the remote
> broker. And if Camel crashes you wont lose messages as the message is
> still stored in the local AMQ persistent store.

Ok - cool.
So if I understand correctly, here was I should do:
1/ Declare a JmsTransactionManager (for local transactions only) or JTA (for
global transactions - when need to coordinate multiple resources)
2/ Configure the ActiveMQ ConnectionFactory to work with that
3/ Declare my route as Transacted

4/ Should I explicitly use/define a TransactionErrorHandler for the Camel
route or will it happen "by magic" (or not needed) ?
5/ In this setup, the redelivery policy is probably better handled by
ActiveMQ and not Camel - so should I configure Camel not to retry upon
delivery error? Or a mix of both?
6/ And finally, according to you, can I safely configure ActiveMQ to retry
"forever" until the network comes back and the delivery succeed?

Thanks for your advices. The subject looks very simple at first glance but
it raises many questions at the end ;-)