camel-users mailing list archives

From David MacDonald <dav...@cdonald.net.nz>
Subject Testing DSL based on Apache Camel
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 21:49:34 GMT
Hi guys,

I've recently started work on  SOAUnit
<http://uoa-group-applications.github.io/soaunit/>  , a DSL for testing
external (or Camel internal) integration artifacts that uses Apache Camel
components and test framework. Basically our use case is to be able to
automatically 'unit' test mega-vendor enterprise service bus integration
artifacts where we don't have the same flexibility with testing that
something like Camel offers :). For example, if we have a PING web-service
running on the mega-vendor's ESB that simply returns PONG then we can use
the CXF component and Camel URI format:

This will send the requestBody XML to localhost:8080, and check that the XML
returned matches the expectedResponseBody. XML Comparisons are made using
XMLUnit to allow for textual representation variations. Furthermore, the
framework can support asynchronous transports and chaining of expectations
to ensure orchestrated processes function as expected.

I'm interested in getting some feedback as to where it could be improved, or
new features which could be useful.

Thanks,
David