camel-users mailing list archives

From salemi <sal...@avaya.com>
Subject Re: dynamicly change the url of the <from> element after the camelcontext is started
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:39:20 GMT
Hi Babak,

Thank you for your quick respond. We tried the approach to override a
property at the run time. It seem like if you set the uri attribute for the
<from> element then it become immutable!

In our example we have defined the following elements in the camel context
file

<bean id="bridgePropertyPlaceholder"
class="org.apache.camel.spring.spi.BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer" >
        <property name="location" value="classpath:settings.properties"/>
</bean>

<route id="routeTypeName" autoStartup="false" >
                        <from uri="{{type}}.{{name}}.{{dynamic}}"/>

In the settings.properties we define:
type=type
name=name

When camel comes up we retrieve the value for dynamic from db. Are you
proposing to create a new file on the fly and add the name and value to the
file?

PropertiesComponent pc = new PropertiesComponent();
pc.setLocation("classpath:com/mycompany/dynamic.properties");
context.addComponent("properties", pc);

My developer tried to overwrite the existing values of a property using
using a JVM System Property and he told me he can't get it to work.

-----
Alireza Salemi