camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: MultipleConsumer on a vm: endpoint
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:26:08 GMT
When you have mutipleConsumers=true and have 2+ consumers on the queue
name. Then each of them get a copy of the exchange, to process in

Its kinda like Topics in JMS land.

Are you saying you expect something else to happen?

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Cristiano Costantini
<> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've switched and endpoint using seda: with options multipleConsumers=true
> and waitForTaskToComplete=Never to using vm: component.
> After this, the application does not respect anymore the
> multipleConsumers=true options and two concurrent consumer steal the
> message.
> I may have other issue which I'm going to investigate, but to avoid waste
> time I please ask you if I'm missing some detail by switching from seda: to
> vm: (it is the first time I use vm: and I was expecting the same behavior
> of the seda:endpoint)
> I'm using Camel 2.10.6 inside Servicemix 4.5.2.
> Thank you very much!
> Cristiano

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.