camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Camel, Netty, and IdleStateHandler
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2013 08:25:59 GMT

Do you refer to the netty producers channel pool and when those
channels are idle?

I dont think we have exposed an API for that that you can easily use.
Though commons-pool ought to have APIs for onIdle so its possible
doable to expose a SPI API for end users to use, to allow them doing
custom stuff like your "keep alive" use-case.

Feel free to dive into the codebase, and as we love contributions.
Then patches is welcome