camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Is the higher OSGi version really needed?
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 10:10:42 GMT
I think what he meant is that Camel currently can not run as  a real
OSGi application in Websphere App Server 8.
So in this environment it would be really great if we could lower the
minimum needed OSGi version.

I checked what OSGi release matches the update from package version 1.4
to 1.5.
This seems to be the update from version 4.2 to 4.3. I think the main
difference is that we have API packages for version 4.3(.1) that support
generics on Java 7. Not sure if we depend on any other API changes.

On the other hand it might be quite some effort to make sure we import
only the lower package version while not switching everything back to 4.2.

I am not too familiar with Websphere. Is there a newer version that
supports OSGi 4.3? I have seen there is version 8.5 of websphere but did
not see any details about the supported OSGi specs.