camel-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Sehgal <gaurav_seh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SEDA queue in Camel blocks.
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 05:45:15 GMT

I got the thread dump; and there seem to be a lot of waiting threads; though I am not sure
if that is the reason for the queue not processing the messages. Can you please give me some
pointers to look for in the thread dump.

________________________________
 From: Christian Posta <christian.posta@gmail.com>
To: Gaurav Sehgal <gaurav_sehgal@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: SEDA queue in Camel blocks.

Yah best bet is to get a thread dump. I wonder if any of the beans downstream are blocking
the threads that the seda consumers use.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Gaurav Sehgal <gaurav_sehgal@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Christina;
>               This does not happen everytime; though it happens preodically;
will post the thread dump once I see it.

>Though; I am posting the camel routes I use in my application:
>

>                    context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
>public void configure() {
>                 from("vm:interactions?concurrentConsumers=6")
>
>.bean(interProcessing,"processInteraction")
>.multicast()
>.parallelProcessing()
>.to("direct:index")
>.to("direct:cassandra")
>.to("direct:blobStore")
>.end()
>
>.bean(delTempStorage,"processTempStorage");
>}
>});
>

>context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
>public void configure() {
>from("direct:index").threads(5).
>                                        bean(indexProcessor, "processIndexStore");
>}
>});
>

>context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
>public void configure() {
>from("direct:cassandra").threads(5)
>                                       .bean(cassandraProcessing,
"processCassandraStore");
>}
>});
>

>context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
>public void configure() {
>from("direct:blobStore").threads(5)
>                                        .bean(blobStoreProcessing,
"processBlobStore");
>}
>});
>

>Cheers!Gaurav
>

>________________________________

are after the seda endpoints? how many consumers do you have for the seda endpoints?).

>Your best bet is to recreate this and take a thread dump. Or recreate it and post it as
a test here.

>On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM, Gaurav Sehgal <gaurav_sehgal@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>>    I am using Camel's implementation of SEDA queue inside JBOSS FUSE; though at
times the consumer does not get all the messages and when I restart the camel context the
messages seem to flow through. This seems like the messages are blocked for some reason and
the consumer is not processing them. Also; the load on the queue is not very large; I tested
this with payload 80 messages.