camel-users mailing list archives

From utopiaan <m.de.kw...@gmail.com>
Subject Reuse Route (in xml) in multiple bundles
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 05:42:36 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to implement the reuse of a single "template" route, defined in
XML, among multiple bundles. I have read that you can use the <import
resource="template-routes.xml"/> in combination with <routeContextRef
ref="templateRoutesContext"/>

This does work, BUT only if it is in a SINGLE bundle.

What I would like to have is: my template-routes.xml in my baseBundle and
all my other bundles import the template-routes.xml from that bundle and use
it (together with some <endpoint /> I have defined, to instantiate a route
for that specific bundle.

My problem lies in the fact that either the import of the definition
(template-routes.xml) does not work and when it seems to be working (i.e. no
exception) the bundle generates an exception on the  templateRoutesContext
stating that it can not find it.

I would like to know if this is possible, a good idea, and how do I
configure my pom.xml in such a way that it will work (since I think here
lies my problem). But a good online example resource would be great also.

I am using Apache servicemix/karaf/camel, Spring and Maven as core
technologies.

Kind regards,