camel-users mailing list archives

From rodgersh <>
Subject FileConsumer in a route is not stopped when the route is stopped
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 21:27:20 GMT
Hello -

I create a camel route dynamically at runtime that is like:

The route works fine. If I drop a file in the /inbox directory it is
processed by the route.

Then when I delete the OSGi managed service factory that contains the route,
my destroy() method is invoked and I stop the route, then remove the route.
>From the camel logging, I see that the route was indeed stopped, shutdown,
and removed. But if I drop a file in the /inbox directory it is still
processed. I look in jconsole and see that the route has been removed, but
the route's FileConsumer still exists and is still in the "Started" state.
If I stop the FileConsumer (using the stop() button under Operations in
jconsole) the FileConsumer's state goes to "Stopped" and now if I drop the
file into /inbox it is not processed (as desired).

What am I doing wrong in stopping/removing this route programmatically?

Thanks for any help or ideas.