camel-users mailing list archives

From "sylvain.perez" <sylvain.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject InheritableThreadLocal
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:22:44 GMT
Hi,

we need to use legacy code which performs some sort of authentication which
rely on InheritableThreadLocal variables (keep security token, user
principal and so on).
The first step of one of our route is a processor which extract from the
input message the user credentials and use legacy code for the
authentication (which stores the result in an InheritableThreadLocal
variable).
Later in another processor we want to access the authentication status.
We know that Camel is built around an asynchronous routing engine and were
wondering if InheritableThreadLocal variables were managed even if
internally we assume that a ThreadPool might be used.
In other words, if we set an InheritableThreadLocal variable straight at the
first step of a route will that variable be available anytime during the
lifetime of the exchange?

Thanks,

  Sylvain