camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: throttling a restlet endpoint by discarding excess requests
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:38:23 GMT
Hi

Yeah I assume you can configure the restlet server to have X worker
threads. So if the load gets higher it will not accept new incoming
requests. Or maybe a way of returning HTTP 503 as you want.

Though the Camel throttler EIP could have an use-case for having a way
of having a when .. otherwise built in so you can do

from restlet
throttle (10 / sec )
    to backend
    to some more stuff