camel-users mailing list archives

From nigel <nigel.long...@pimco.com>
Subject RE: SJMS component and IBM WebsphereMQ class cast error
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:34:34 GMT
Claus,
Let me read up on how to provide a patch and I'll do so. I have another issue to double check
first through - my consumer only ever seems to process the first message - then it goes deaf
:(. Just need to check that out.
Nigel

From: Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel] [mailto:ml-node+s465427n5737028h15@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 12:13 AM
To: Longton, Nigel
Subject: Re: SJMS component and IBM WebsphereMQ class cast error

Hi

Yeah if you can patch the code to work with MQ then feel free to log a
JIRA and provide a patch.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:10 AM, nigel <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5737028&i=0>>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use the sjms component with IBM MQ and I have an exception
> when using an InOut exchange patter over topics. The SjmsComponent is
> created using a MQConnectionFactory class.
> The error occurs in the JmsObjectFactory class, createMessageConsumer
> method, line 122.
> 121        if (topic) {
> 122            TopicSession ts = (TopicSession)session;
>
> The session in actually an MQSession which is not a TopicSession. I made a
> change to my local version of camel-sjms to work around this as the cast
> doesn't seem necessary. I did the following:
> 1. removed the cast
> 2. just called the JmsSession createDurableSubscriber methods
> 3. Called the JmsSession.createConsumer methods rather than the
> TopicSession.createSubscriber methods. My reading of the IBM docs implies
> this is correct.
>
> Not being an expert on JMS I'm not sure if this is correct to the spec of
> just works for IBM MQ.
>
> Any insights?
>
> Nigel
>

> --

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5737028&i=1>
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

________________________________
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/SJMS-component-and-IBM-WebsphereMQ-class-cast-error-tp5737010p5737028.html
NAML<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, alter or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail
by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or without error as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise during or as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. This
message is provided for information purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation
or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments in any jurisdiction.