camel-users mailing list archives

From abdiels <abdi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue when using ZipSplitter and sending entries to a file endpoint
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:14:15 GMT
ok, after looking further at this, we discovered that we were under the wrong
assumption on how the splitter in Camel works.  We got that assumption after
playing with the ZipSpliter.  After running into this problem, we played
with simple spliters, we figured that our assumption was wrong.  I will
explain...this is how the splitters usually work

from("seda:decompressFiles").routeId("DecompressFiles")
   .split(body().tokenize(",")).streaming().shareUnitOfWork()
       .log("LET'S SEE WHERE THIS GOES!!!")
           .to("file:data/out?fileName=${header.zipFileName}")

.to("log:?showExchangeId=true&showHeaders=true&showProperties=true&multiline=true")
    .end()
    .log("ORIGINAL FILE")

.to("log:?showExchangeId=true&showHeaders=true&showProperties=true&multiline=true")

feeding that route with this code:
template.sendBodyAndHeaders("seda:decompressFiles", "One,Two", headers);

You would get:
[ad #0 - seda://decompressFiles] DecompressFiles                INFO  LET'S
SEE WHERE THIS GOES!!!
[ad #0 - seda://decompressFiles] DecompressFiles                INFO  LET'S
SEE WHERE THIS GOES!!!
[ad #0 - seda://decompressFiles] DecompressFiles                INFO
ORIGINAL FILE

I removed the exchange print out, but you get the idea.  Now, when using the
zip splitter, it will work fine when you are sending the entries to a file;
however, when you send the entries to a SEDA or something that does not
immediately read the data from the stream then it does not work properly and
you get an extra entry with the CamelZipComplete = true with a null body.

So this is an issue with the ZipSplitter Specifically.

Now, I can change the JIRA accordingly to explain the issue better; however,
wanted to ask first since I don't know if you want to keep the original
description or something.  I would like to basically edit the subject and
the description to explain this correctly.
Also, we are looking into improving the ZipSplitter to behave better since
we ended up going deeper into this and have a better picture of what is
going on.

Please let me know your thoughts.