camel-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Krause <>
Subject Caching POJOs (no serializable and no InputStream)
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 09:42:09 GMT
Currently I migrating a large application to Camel. In the past we use
ehCache directly and store complexe
nested data-structures as POJOs. The objects doesn't implement Serializable

The ehCache accept both, Serializable instances and normal POJO objects. But
the Camel CacheProducer always tries to convert Objects to InputStream. This
fails in our case because no matching TypeConverter exits.

Some years ago this was already a topic here (

), but opening question:
Looking at EHCache API, it can support any object as long as it is
serializable, so camel-cache component should not try to convert payload
into byte[]. Or was there any specific reason to do so? /

wasn't answered. So again: Does there any reason why CacheProducer wants to
store a byte[] instead the object.

For now we will replace the Camel CacheProducer.