camel-users mailing list archives

From "steve.ardis" <scar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel-Crypto ElGamal encryption works in mvn camel:run but not in Karaf/OSGi
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 20:05:42 GMT
I've spent a couple days trying to get Fuse 6.0.0 running with Bouncy Castle
via a Camel Crypto route.  Here are my notes on how I finally got this
working (and some detail as to what I think the problem is):

To setup Bouncy Castle on "jboss-fuse-6.0.0.redhat-024":

	1. Download the following files from
http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html
		1. bcpg-jdk15on-149.jar
		2. bcprov-ext-jdk15on-149.jar
		3. bcprov-jdk15on-149.jar

	2. Edit "/etc/config.properties"

		1. Add ",org.bouncycastle.*" to the end of
"org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation"
		2. Note, it appears that the following two line ARE NOT NECESSARY, as
something else must be registering the BouncyCastleProvider as a security
provider - but, for documentation purposes, it may be necessary to add ONE
OF the following two lines:

			1. org.apache.felix.karaf.security.providers =
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
			2. org.apache.karaf.security.providers =
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider

I believe the problem is that the
"/system/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.bcpg-jdk16/1.46_2"
JAR file appears to be screwed up, in that it contains classes that is
should not.  My guess is 1) that this JAR is not signed and that this is the
first JAR file in the classpath that contains the BouncyCastleProvider;
BouncyCastleProvider should actually be loaded from the "bcprov" JAR file
and that JAR is most likely signed - read
http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html, regarding "signed jars").
My understanding is that a security provider class must be in a signed JAR.

If needed, I can elaborate on what I think the problem to be - these were
just my notes so I didn't forget.  If they are decipherable, let me know.

Steve Ardis