camel-users mailing list archives

From jduncan <jdun...@iqnavigator.com>
Subject Re: Camel route only dealing with headers
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:49:35 GMT
I know object messages are not the best, but there are some places in our app
that we do still use them.  I'm building a simple utility that should be
able to take any message, do some header manipulation, and then pass on the
message to another consumer.  I got my tests to pass by using
from("activemq:queue:incoming?jmsMessageType=Bytes")
I'm still doing some investigation to see if this breaks in some scenario I
don't have under test.

This utility is a home-grown version of the Routing Slip EIP.  We found
Camel's own routing slip insufficient, particularly because it does not work
when using JMS endpoints in a transactional context (because it uses the
InOut pattern).