camel-users mailing list archives

From salemi <>
Subject Re: Incoming message from a JMS queue need to be processed in parallel but keep the ordering of messages
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:05:41 GMT
Hi Guys,

I am now exploring the idea of JMS message groups. I was wondering how we
can configure camel properly to support proper routing in a failover

In a fail over scenario, I need two camel instances per messages groups. I
my example above we will need two camel instances for a , b and c.

How can I configure camel for each message group so that only one of the two
consumer only consumes messages. Do I need to use selector in the camel
routes as below? My understanding is that ActiveMQ will automatically choose
a JMS consumer as the receiver and if the consumer goes down than it will
pick a different one.

<from uri="jms:queue:abc?selector='MyGroupId=a">
<from uri="jms:queue:abc?selector='MyGroupId=b">
<from uri="jms:queue:abc?selector='MyGroupId=c">

Alireza Salemi