camel-users mailing list archives

From ramrubio <>
Subject StreamCaching with slip not working
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 16:37:25 GMT

Camel version = 2.11.0
commons.httpclient version = 3.0.1

Attempting to implement a proxy service to route requests dynamically using
DynamicRouter pattern suggested by

I'm unsuccessful though in getting streamcaching to work.  I've enabled
streamcaching on the CamelContext but when the proxysvc forwards the POST
request to my endpoint the body is always empty.

Attached is my code with two projects.

1.  sample.proxysvc - Contains camel proxy
2.  sample.restsvc - Simple rest servicSampleProxySvc.zipe

You will notice that proxysvc enables streamcaching on camel context in
camel-config.xml.  When a POST request is made to sample REST service body
is always empty.

The only way i'm able to get it to work is by attaching a processor and
reading body into a string and setting setting in http request (Currently
this code is commented).

I'm sure i'm doing something wrong to enable stream caching.  Hopefully it
is something easy that may be pointed out.

Thank You.