camel-users mailing list archives

From Edwin <edwin.rabbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Leveraging CXF Asynchronous processing when MEP is InOut
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:39:04 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have a route which looks like this:

from("direct:start").setExchangePattern("InOut").to("cxf:myEndpoint").to("bean:myDAO,method:updateRecord")

When the response is received from myEndpoint, the database record is
updated.

myEndpoint typically takes about 5secs to generate a response so I would
prefer to send the requests asynchronously and not hold up the executing
thread while it waits for a response.

I know the cxf component attempts to do this by default however since the
MEP is InOut, I believe the thread waits for a response.

Is there anyway to achieve asynchronous sending of the requests while
keeping the MEP at InOut?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Edwin