camel-users mailing list archives

From flangel <>
Subject Hessian support (from/to endpoints)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:54:00 GMT

what is the current state of hessian support. I like to use Hessian as a
"from" endpoint, i.e. start the route by exposing an http endpoint and
decoding the payload. Something along the line of from ("hessian:\\uri).

Currently, i am using an http endpoint and add a processor that decodes the
hessian wire protocol/payload.

1. Does a Hessian component that provides a consumer (From) endpoint already
exist. I could not find any source code/examples.

2. If not, and if you are experienced with Hessian, what would a good api be
for the hessian "from"  endpoint. What about from
("hessian:\\uri\<Service>?methodName=method1). This would create an endpoint
waiting for the invocation of method1 through a client. The client created a
factory connection to \\uri\<Service> previously to invoking the method.

3. the "to" case would be rather simple
to("hessian:\\<uri>\service?methodName=method1) with the parameters in the

Your feedback is appreciated